is season 8 ‘get mad at dean’ season because holy shit am i mad at dean
i don’t want to be mad at dean, writers stop
Steve Rogers did, in fact, realize that something was off when he saw the outline of the woman’s odd bra (a push-up bra, he would later learn), but being an officer and a gentleman, he said that it was the game that gave the future away.
No, see, this scene is just amazing. The costume department deserves so many kudos for this, it’s unreal, especially given the fact that they pulled off Peggy pretty much flawlessly.
1) Her hair is completely wrong for the 40’s. No professional/working woman would have her hair loose like that. Since they’re trying to pass this off as a military hospital, Steve would know that she would at least have her hair carefully pulled back, if maybe not in the elaborate coiffures that would have been popular.
2) Her tie? Too wide, too long. That’s a man’s tie, not a woman’s. They did, however, get the knot correct as far as I can see - that looks like a Windsor.
3) That. Bra. There is so much clashing between that bra and what Steve would expect (remember, he worked with a bunch of women for a long time) that it has to be intentional. She’s wearing a foam cup, which would have been unheard of back then. It’s also an exceptionally old or ill-fitting bra - why else can you see the tops of the cups? No woman would have been caught dead with misbehaving lingerie like that back then, and the soft satin cups of 40’s lingerie made it nearly impossible anyway. Her breasts are also sitting at a much lower angle than would be acceptable in the 40’s.
Look at his eyes. He knows by the time he gets to her hair that something is very, very wrong.
i’ve reblogged this before but this one has further breakdown of exactly why, and i love it. (also hell yes, kudos to the costume department for this; it’s wrong, but it’s so clearly DELIBERATELY wrong considering how well they nailed it during the 40s sequences).
The wait-for-Steve-to-wake-up committee could have used this very handy article how to recreate a 1940s bra silhouette.
And another giveaway is that her hair is too long for regulation (and I could be wrong, but I think her shirt would be better-fitted).
Happy Monday! Let’s get shiny! You know the deal:
- Rebagel (mmm bagels) with your username and lair id to enter!
- Likes don’t count, and only one entry per person!
- You do not have to be following me!
- Ends TODAY, October 20th at 20:00 FR time!
I’m so hyped with all the new kids and the new gene guys!!! so here’s a giveaway for you lovely folks!!
I will be giving away one Crystal gene, one Ice Sprite, one Frigid Fugitive Shackles, and one Frigid Emblem!
To enter just reblog with your username and ID#. You do NOT have to be following me. If you’d rather not have this on your blog you can reblog this text post instead.
Giveaway will end on Friday the 24th. There will be one winner.
tackysnaps 44077 — thank you!
It still amazes me that I talk to guys who still think they get harassed just as much as women online. Like even from people who aren’t clearly and totally gross dumbasses. It kinda makes me think that, even in the best cases, it might be hard to really understand the sheer difference in frequency. You see a woman get harassed on a game and you go “Oh well I’ve been harassed” without understanding that there is seldom a session for her where that doesn’t happen or understanding what her inbox might look like…
That is a sort of stunning degree of difference.
"The data’s in! Women were lying about online harassment!”
"Aha! We knew it!"
“Yeah, they’ve been severely underreporting how bad things are for them, turns out.”
Steve Rogers spent an entire movie around some of the greatest minds in the world, who had been through a myriad of traumatic experiences, and not once did anyone try to connect with him over that. Not one person tried to say “hey I know what it’s like to lose everything you…
europeans who claim their country is NOT racist like the usa